Date: 6/12/2007 7:15:29 AM
Subject: [RC] De Elevators

Steph,
    I'm not beating you up.  I just commented that I think it is sad that a concept like this would be considered to soothe rider ego.   I can't argue with you that it is also pretty bad that a vet has to point out to a rider when a horse is really lame and the rider wants to continue.   I guess considering this is just a line I don't think should have to be crossed.  Why can't riders just enjoy their horses, enjoy their friends, enjoy the trails, participate in healthy competition and accept the fact that there are no guarantees?   This is what I don't get.

Kim

Kim - our rulebook is full of rules implemented to safeguard and
protect horses, added as people saw the need or opportunity . I'm not
sure why this particular concept is disgusting to you, any more than
a rider that needs a vet to point out that their horse is lame. Our
sport is about healthy competition and an opportunity to enjoy our
horses, our friends, our trails. What difference does it make really
if the outcome is a healthier horse and more satisfied rider?

I'm not on the bandwagon, and I really don't care enough about this
to try to change anything, so don't beat me up too bad :)

Steph

See what's free at AOL.com.