[RC] [RC] re: Haf Pads (question for Karen Chaton) - Cindy Collins - Dream Weaver

What time of saddle do you use w/your Haf Pad and which kind of underneath did you buy?? Just curious since mine never slips (yet)!

Hi Cindy:  I'm pretty sure that the problem in my case is the fat horse I'm riding.  ;-)  When he isn't so fat, it's not really a problem, regardless of saddle - which is, btw - either a Freeform or a Sports Saddle.  Besides that he is really round, we've done some rides with a lot more hills and up and down (mountains, rather) than most rides have.  The 650 or 700 miles he's done this season so far hasn't been enough to keep him trim, even though he is on a two flakes of hay a day diet (and nothing else), 24x7 turnout and gets taken out for pleasure rides regularly.  I may just have to start riding him more.

I love the HAF pads though, they are great.  Works on all of my horses.

Karen