[RC] Old Dominion Ride Meeting - Tx Trigger

Truman posted: >>>Of all the rides I've been to over the years, I've yet to
see one where vet cards needed protected - except when it was pouring down
rain. The vet cards serve a lot of purposes - one is rider education. They
can aid riders to tract their progress and the progress of their horse. To
do that they need all the information - in time, PR time, etc not just a few
scribblings of the vet for the card to be as useful as it can be.<<<

From helping at the rides, I have found that often the hotter and drier the
rides are, it seems the more wet and nasty the vet cards can end up, as
riders are sponging etc., and get where ever their vet card was "stored"
soaking wet.   At the local rides here, the rider comes in, gets the "slip
of paper" with in time, heads to pulse box, gets pulse, and the pulse
volunteer writes it on card. The flow of the pulse box, is right into the
vet line, and when they get to the vet, the vet scribe takes the piece of
paper, and transfers the in time on to vet card, as vet is listening to
horse. They get all the info on there, but the vet card is not being handled
at every single volunteer.

Given some of the new water proof paper stock that I've seen the last
couple of years - even a little water doesn't hurt them.<<<

We tried to find that stuff for one of our rides, after seeing it at Tevis.
It is awesome stuff, and impossible to find everywhere! Makes great maps and
vet cards. They don't rip, and can get wet...just can't find it at ones
local Kinkos!

Jonni