[RC] Old Dominion Ride Meeting - rides2far@xxxxxxxx

Just back from the ride meeting, not thrilled.

Once more they?re doing the ?Two Strikes You?re Out? which I hated at
Biltmore. I just don?t see any reason in the world to fix what ain?t
broke. It?s just an irritating thing to have to think about on a HOT
HOT HOT day.  Presenting more than 2 times is probably something that
rarely if ever happens, and if it does, and there?s really something
wrong, surely there?s plenty of other ways they can pull you other
than, ?Oops, you were 65 the first time, then 65 again, sorry, you
drove 2 days and your horse actually just is a little thick bodied
and had to walk through the sun to get here, but rules are rules!?
Ugh!

Also, we just couldn?t possibly just use ride cards like every other
ride in the world?other than Biltmore, we?ve gotta get used to the
special ?just for here? system of keeping the card put away, keeping
up with a special slip of paper, pulling the right one out at the
right time, etc. etc. to get the exact same result. If somebody can
convince me it?s an improvement I?ll try to get over it, but till
then, I?ll gripe. If this stuff is residue from FEI I?m liable to
join the whiners camp when I?ve been a defender in the past.

I haven?t a clue what the map said. The print is small and even with
my Dollar Store reading glasses I couldn?t make anything out so I
guess I?ll just follow the markers. But it is a really pretty map.
There was no PA system and the wind was blowing the tent like crazy
so you couldn?t hear much, but I got the impression it would jus pay
to follow the markers.

Well, I?ve done about all the webcasting I?m gonna do between now and
Sunday morning unless I get pulled early?doubt I?ll get that lucky.
I?m guessing I?d be a 90- mile pull if anything. Feeling of gloom is
slightly lessened, I?m just kinda resigned.  The weather is looking
good. Lightning is gone for now, cooler than it was (Jody just
corrected me, said it is NOT cool, it is sticky! 50% humidity and 74
degrees at 9:21 PM),. The humidity will still be high for most
people, but will look good after today.

OK, nuff of this. Jody won?t let me take Aries another bucket of
water because Rose is laying down and she?ll kill me if I wake her
up. She?s whining that she should ride Cavalry because she?s got so
much crap loaded on her saddle. I gotta go to bed.

Angie