Re: [RC] Tipperary Helmets - Michelle Aquilino

Finally got my horse moved to her "permanent" barn over by me (so now she's less than 20 minutes away, rather than 40, yay!).  So I had to go grab a few things from the local horse/tack shop.  While I was there I tried on the tipperary.  I noticed very slight pressure on the sides of my head, and if I pushed on the helmet, it could slide slightly front to back (but wouldn't do so on its own), so I am guessing I have that round head people have been talking about, ha ha.  The side pressure didn't "bother" me while I tried it on (as it was slight, I was just paying attention, because people had warned about it), but am worried it would just get more and more annoying the more I wore it (especially on those long 50's).  All of their helmets are on sale 30% off on Saturday, and am trying to decide whether to go for it or not.  I am sold on the mesh over the vents, and it was very comfortable, and I'm sure everyone agrees it looks better (not that looks matter at all in endurance, ha ha).  I have also noticed a small dent in my current helmet, not sure where it came from, but it could have been from when I fell off at pretty high speed and drug 10 or 15 feet a year ago (never again will I use a sponge still attached to the horse while I'm ON the horse, lol, bad news if you ask me ;-)  but that's a whole other discussion...).  So I should probably replace my helmet anyway.  Blah... I really like the Tipperary, wish my head were the right shape, but I'm thinking it's (duh) best to just get the one that fits my head the best ;-)  pooh.

-Michelle

--
"Don't breed or buy while shelter animals die"