Re: [RC] Logging - Barbara McCrary

The interesting update on the Spotted Owl is:  The Barred Owl is moving into Spotted Owl territory, harassing them and raiding their nests, so the government's solution is to kill as many Barred Owls as possible.  This is published news in various newspapers.  You have to wonder sometimes.....

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2007 11:42 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] Logging

As far as I can tell, this is a really big problem... everyone should watch the EPA episode of "Penn & Teller's: Bullsh*t".  There's a great segment about the Spotted Owl, and how our "protection" of them by stopping the logging is in effect limiting their preferred environment (stage 2 growth forest, I believe).  Times like this I wonder if the "environmentalists" even look at any data, and rather just assume that no environment should ever be touched or we are "harming" some poor little animal ;-)  Now I hope no one gets offended, because anyone who knows me knows I'm a huge animal advocate (just take a look at my footer, ha ha), but you have to look at the facts, or you're simply being counterproductive... to both the animals AND people.

--
"Don't breed or buy while shelter animals die"