Re: [RC] high ties vs spring ties (Terrible service ordering HiTies!) - Lysane Cree

But you can also just skip the bungee and the velcro and just use a cotton lead rope that is long enough. I thought I needed a more complicated set up, but when I tried just my cotton lead rope, it was long enough to hang on the ground. So when I tie it, I adjust it so that it is just barely touching the ground and it has worked well so far. Easy to do. Sporttack knows that lots of people don't use the bungee so they asked me if I even wanted it and when I said no, they took a bit off the price to account for the lack of bungee.

Lysane

Beth Walker <bwalker2@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks.  Good info!

On Jun 5, 2007, at 3:48 PM, Tx Trigger wrote:

>>>What do you hate about them? Is it the stretching, or don't they have quick release snaps? Or??<<<

I have seen bungee ties get pulled on by horses and they stretch, and stretch, then break, becoming a missal if the snap is still attached to the end. I also do not like the material they are made of on the outside. "IF" a horse were to get a leg over one, they will rope burn much quicker, and deeper than large cotton ropes. I think they also teach horses to pull against them as they do give, and they learn they can stretch over to grab one more bite of grass while tied to the Hi-Ties.  I converted the stuff that came with my Hi-Ties, and used the velcro attachment, and some hardware, and made my own ties:

Jonni