Re: [RC] Parelli - Barbara McCrary

At one time in the past, I used to think the Parelli training was just a promotional thing to make money, and of course it does, for Pat and his wife.  But I watched a local woman work with our young mare who had been started but had some issues that made her unrideable by a senior rider like me.  All of the "7 games" may sound silly, but have great practical applications.  Long story made short, this mare is now perfectly rideable and is improving all the time.  Her only issue is a bit of timid behavior when facing something she doesn't know.  She also is happy to let her pen-mate lead and take the brunt of the unknown.  I don't consider that bad behavior...yet.  I believe with another year of riding, she's going to be really fine.  A young, gifted friend, a really fine rider, has been working with her and has taken her to a local horse show.  This mare will do her first endurance 50 in August.  Our friend has the use of the mare for the cost of the shoeing only.  We keep the mare here, feed her, vet her and otherwise support her except for shoeing.  Our friend gets to ride her as if she were her own horse, though she is still legally ours.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
From: Dana
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2007 12:43 PM
Subject: [RC] Parelli

From: kramspott@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC]   Horse Balls and Parelli

That was too funny.   Speaking of Parelli, can anyone recommend an inexpensive way to get involved in using the Parelli system?  Anyone not using the level 1 system any more that they want to sell?
**

If you are clever, you can get all of the seven games off of his website, and print most of level one off the internet...

Dana