From: "Moriah Nickerson" <moriah.nickerson@xxxxxxxxx>
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC]   bit alternatives
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 13:21:12 -0400

Hi,
I have a 5-year old green-broke arab. he's spunky but not particularly bad,
a little spooky at times. I am looking for advice on bit-alternatives:
bosals, vosal, bitless, sidepull, hacks. he doesn't like a bit, just not
totally comfortable, he opens his mouth a lot, and pushes against it with
his tongue, however, no head tossing, and he's sensitive to seat pressure
and voice commands. He has a tongue deformity, I have had his teeth
checked, he's normal otherwise (well, as normal as a 5-yo arab can be!!).
ANY advice is appreciated, please include what you use, how it is designed
to work, what settings you use it in, and relatively how it steers (he does
NOT neck rein), brakes and the pain factor relative to a bit. Please keep
this to horses that were trained with a bit and have made the switch to
bitless.
thanks,
Moriah