RE: [RC] Refusing Entry - JUST FOR CLARIFICATION - Katrina Mosshammer

Not trying to get this whole thing stirred up again, just wanted to give a little clarification. These riders have been "sat down and talked to" by fellow riders. They pretend to listen and say they will act better, but then turn right around and do the same thing the next time. Also, one of these riders is not originally from central and it is my understanding that she caused problems where she used to live. This is not a new development for her. She has been doing this for years.

Katrina

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Patty P
Sent: June 04, 2007 11:17 AM
To: Alissa Norman; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; Barbara McCrary
Subject: Re: [RC] Refusing Entry

If they are reading these messages, maybe they are starting to get the idea. If not, then maybe their behavior goes deeper ...you know abuse and what not. Not that I am condoning it, but if peer pressure and these messages don't mean anything to them it is probably a deeper issue that we don't understand.

Again, I am not condoning bad behavior, but maybe they don't know how to communicate in any other way. Maybe we can help them. This sport is full of good communicators. Maybe one of them can find seek them out at each ride and have a chat about handling problems. I am not a good enough communicator, although better than I use to be...I still get far too upset at times. The last time I yelled at my daughter I was really mad at myself for loosing my temper. Yelling is NEVER the best way to handle things. Especially with our kids, yet we have all done it.

Patty

I am sure this has already been done...  Has someone TOLD these two riders that they are being obnoxious to the point that rider managers are threatening to quit?  Have the ride managers who HAVE quit contacted these two riders and told them that they are part of the problem?  Maybe these two are just oblivious, and don't know that they are trouble makers?  Perhaps if someone who has been directly affected to the point of not managing a ride tells them that, they might get their heads out of the sand?

Or, perhaps, this course of action has already been taken and they just don't care?

Wonder if some peer pressure (all riders in camp actually letting them know when they are being obnoxious and  - especially important - when they are being nice) might work?  A sort of "endurance intervention."

Alissa