Re: [RC] Sharing trails in there own words (Mt Bikers, some not all I hope) - Steven Proe

Hi: If you do not understand what a user group is a little research by you is necessary in my opinion.

As most trails that are in existence today, equestrians and hikers have built and maintained trains.

These particular trails in Oroville are dedicated in the name of Dan Bebe a well know local horseman that in fact did the above with numerous others to this date and the trails and its use are for hiking and equestrain uses..

One of the reasons is that at the time these trails were made and maintained, Mountain Bikes did not exist.

Another reason is the State Parks at this location and others have not followed the existing laws that would have or should have explored the impacts that new user groups

will have on a facility prior to allowing new user groups to use the facility.

The other part of the issue is that many state and federal agencies intentionally do not follow or enforce laws including their own for what ever reason, they are a cause for injury, death and user conflicts along with resource loss and pollution to many watercourse and reservoirs.

With no disrespect if you took the time to read the link post and my intro. it is my opinion that you would not have to ask the questions that you have asked, but like many you need someone to lead you by the hand, do the work, investigation into the issues and try to educate you on the issues raised.

Your statements made on the ability for these trails to be used just by looking at pictures is again in my opinion not a proper way to make an evaluation or consider the facts brought for in my post.

It's called lazy in my opinion, may spend thousands of hours and thousands of dollars plus the abuse that comes with standing up to new user groups and renegade federal and state and local agencies.

bye for now

Steven