Re: [RC] Sarcoid question - Rebecca Fabiszak

I used Xterra (Blood Root) on my daughters gelding. The sarcoid is all but gone. Tiny spot (scar?)that will be treated again if it starts to grow. My Dental vet sold me the bottle. I even used it on my own face, thinking it would take out pre-cancerous lesions. When my dermatologist checked the site, there was no cancer. He had treated it once but it had come back and I was too lazy to go back in and have him do it again so that is why I tried the Xterra. It felt just like the Liquid Nitrogen that he had used, went all the way to the root. I  would not suggest this for anyone else as I have heard of people losing more than just the cancerous spot, like a nose, to Blood Root. Beccy in Ut.

----- Original Message ----
From: Mike Lewis <mikelewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ridecamp <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, June 2, 2007 6:00:01 PM
Subject: [RC] Sarcoid question

One of my wife's mares has a sarcoid on her neck that lately has begun to increase in size.  Would appreciate folks' thoughts on how to medicate this.  The vet has provided some options, one of which uses heavy metals in the ointment.  I'd like to avoid this if possible due to concerns over toxicity (may be a moot point, as I'm sure that something strong enough to take out a sarcoid problem is probably not something genteel to the horse overall.)

Would appreciate thoughts on how we can remedy this problem.

Thank you,

Mike Lewis

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?