Re: [RC] Refusing entry - SandyDSA

In a message dated 6/3/2007 6:44:43 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
There is a line and that line is actually pretty
firm. You don't get ejected from a game for "trash talking" unless it
goes too far.
Actually, the line is not that firm, except for the dirt-kicking infraction:). Also, you may ASK where the pitch is but you may NOT tell an umpire what kind of pitch it was, i.e., with a slurry of colorful metaphors. Still, as far as trash talking, the only reason it is ALLOWED NOW is because no one over the past 2 decades has had the , well, no pun intended, the balls, to actually put a stop to it. It is not only allowed, but at a number of NCAA schools such as ASU, it is ENCOURAGED - even to the point of questioning the paternity of the coaches' children and mother. So how does this apply here? I don't think we use the pathetically poor type of policing at other sports to begin to set the example of how to deal. I believe we have an opportunity to demonstrate a higher standard of behavior and accountability - and as a dues paying member of AERC, I don't WANT to hear trash talking, I don't WANT to hear something screaming like a petulant, spoiled child at the RM, and I CERTAINLY do NOT want to be subject to someone ELSE trying to set the mood of the morning at the start of a ride by hooting and hollering and behaving like, well, Paris Hilton :). I see frightening similarities here. I DO believe - and please correct if I am wrong so I know what rides to stay away from - that the whole of endurance participants who choose NOT to behave in such idiotic ways would support the RM to the GROUND for refusing to admit or tolerate such a brat.

You know, most riders participate for the pleasure and fun of the event, and a segment of those become more competitive; but on the whole, MOST riders do not do so in order to cause a fracas everywhere they go. Those who CAUSE a fracas need to be kicked out, plain and simply. It comes to mind also that some people should not be allowed to raise animals or rear children....they don't just act like this one day - they grow up being ALLOWED to behave like this. As an aside, as parents I know we would tolerate this kind of behavior for about 8 SECONDS>

Sandy Adams
Deep Sands Arabians
www.deepsands.com

See what's free at AOL.com.