Re: [RC] Ride, just ride. - Opal Perry

"Ride, for pete's sake, just ride."

Thanks for the advice Laura... that's exactly what I did yesterday!  I have been kind of in a slump lately.. always having something that needs to be done and in consequence haven't been on my horse in a couple of weeks.  When I read your post I canceled my plans for yesterday and headed up to spend the day with the ponies....

My day went really well.. I took out my gelding Sal AND I ponied my lease mare Shaylee... along with 2 dogs and we headed out through our wildlife area to a big pond.  Should have seen the looks I was getting from the neighbors for not just having ONE horse but TWO!  The dogs loved the pond, laying down in and reveling in the cool water, and both horses had a huge drink and were splashing and playing.  I felt so great!  What a wonderful reminder of WHY I carry hay and fix fence and pay the vet and the farrier etc. etc...

Have a great day everyone!
Opal Perry