[RC] Rain Rain Rain - Juli Bechard

It took a tropical depression, but finally we have rain in northeast Florida!  We haven’t seen any in so long, it kind of spooked the horses. *grin* Between last night and about noon today, we had 3.5 inches.  25 more inches to go, and we won’t be draughty any more!  However, every little bit counts, especially since there was a small forest fire 1 mile down the road from me earlier in the week.  It burned 14 acres, and managed to scare us to death.  Our road was blocked because of it, and we couldn’t get home to see to our horses.  So the rain is REALLY welcome.

Tomorrow, I’m going to go out and enjoy a nice ride with no dust.  Alpine is coming along so well.  Since we have our saddle fit issue resolved, his back is muscling up, he gaining muscle in his haunches and his front end, and is starting to look Good!  He’s been offering me collection on the trail, and is developing a nice slow trot to go with his normal gaits.  Oddly enough, as he gets fitter, he’s less inclined to want to go fast all the time.  I’ve really been working on losing weight and getting myself fit.  As I’ve lost some weight, I’m having a hard time with my balance in the saddle.  It’s like I have to relearn what to do with myself out there.  Poor Alpine must think I’ve gone stupid.  Once I’ve gotten down to my goal, I’m going to have to take some riding lessons again.

Anyway, I just wanted to share the good news called Rain in florida with everyone.  We are praying for more to come soon!

Juli and the Herd

Alpine (I look GOOD.  Mom keeps telling me so)

Merlin (I’m almost 14 hands at 20 months.  Mom keeps telling me to stop growing!)