Re: [RC] Compiled Documentation - Sisu West Ranch

Of course, a diary or other documentation showing continuous rude behavior at a number of rides and notations of verbal counseling or written counseling would be a great defense if a protest were to be filed.

Since rides have the privilege of making extra reasonable rules, a sheet or even a signed rider statement (like the usual liability disclaimer) would be a useful tool.  If an RM DQ'd a rider for unsportsmanlike conduct (defined in the statement signed probably by listing specific banned behaviors, with "including but not limited to" and the rider agreeing that the RM (or his/her assigned proxy (steward) was the sole judge) even if the P & G committee decided that there was some sort of due process required or whatever, the offender could not claim that they "did not know".  It is my experience that most folk do not protest, if they have received clear warning.

The RM may even want to include that they (the RM) realize that the rider may never come to another one of their rides, and that is OK with them.  At least that worked on my kids when they threatened to withdraw their love because of a punishment for a rule infraction.*

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875

(406) 642-9640

*Yes, I am implying that some of the incidents we are discussing sound like we are dealing with people who act like spoiled 5 yr. olds.