[RC] Michaux Madness - Barb Kemerer

I just wanted to comment on the Michaux Madness 3 day ride this past weekend in Pennsylvannia from the ride manager's assistant's point of view. The ride is all about the volunteers and what they do behind the scenes. Our volunteers spent over 200 hours clearing and marking (and remarking trails). We had 4 nearly complete strangers work all 3 days of the ride. So the next time a volunteer reaches for your ride card, hands you a cold bottle of water, or holds your horse without you asking, thank them. And then thank them again. Many of the riders emailed us to thank us and give us compliments after the ride. These emails made all our work worthwhile. Not to end on a negative note but, campers were supposed to spread manure and hay. We spent 6 hours cleaning up campsites because a few people chose to ignore this. Our motto is to leave our campsite better than we found it. It's a good motto.  Lastly, I saw many acts of kindness and it makes me proud to be a part of the endurance family. We're already looking forward to next year's ride.
Barb Kemerer