[RC] how did I get my endurance horse - jeanmiller

I found Maggie as a 5 year old in a cow pasture.  I liked her build, her size fit me just fine (14 1/2 hands), and she had great manners on the ground.  Her owner bought her from some guy who was letting her stand around in a field.  Jim thought he would raise paint babies from her.  I just about spit my drink over him when he told me that.  She is grey.  In return I told him I could trade another mare for her and when he asked the color and I said another grey, he spit his pepsi across the room!  She is the second mare I have competed, and she is absolutely the best horse I have ever owned.  I usually don't like mares and I definately don't like grey.  Go figure.  I have competed her for 15 years, she has 130 miles to go to have 6000 MI comp and end and LD miles.  She is quite opinionated but maybe that is why she is so tough.  Jeanie