[RC] Rude Riders - Patricia Israelson

I have been reading all of the comments about rude riders and got to thinking about referees in soccer games.  Players who act up are given a yellow card as a warning, and then if the offensive actions continue, they are red carded and kicked out of the game.  It might be well worth looking into implementing some sort of warning system for riders who continually act up when things don't go their way.  That way their behavior can be noted and recorded for future events.

In truth, we should all be able to discipline ourselves, apologize quickly for any mistakes we make which may have caused problems for others, and learn control our tempers instead of venting at others when we are angry.  Easier said than done, but we are supposed to set an example for others around us.  "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."  The reality is that there are only a few bad apples out there who enjoy complaining to others and seem to feel that it is their right to tell everyone else how to run the show.  The majority of endurance riders that I have met are really great people who I have learned much from and have been more than willing to help me out when I needed help.

That said, I will now go back to lurking again.  I had major surgery on my throat last week and have had to take this year off from riding until I have my strength back.  I hope to see all of our friends in the Central Division again this fall when Jordan and I are back in the saddle again.

Happy Trails

Patty Israelson