Re: [RC] rude riders - Truman Prevatt

Precisely. My grandmother thought that a person that didn't set a table correctly for a large meal was "rude and crude" and deserved to be taken out back and have a few lashes with a cat of nine tails. She was not the most tolerant woman in the world.

It is too bad that there is a situation in the Central region where a person or persons are acting like jerks at rides. This is something that has a way of making the ride less fun for all involved and driving RM's off. However, denying entry probably would not hold up to a protest unless the behavior was particularly egregious.

The only option I see is to document (in writing) all the incidents and try to build a case with a regional director. However, if the person/persons is/are as big of jerks as it seems - there will be a protest and I don't expect it will be pretty. The riders will probably also build a case against the RM(s) and it could just get down to a "he said - she said." To deny entry I expect will require a pretty high standard of proof.

Ed had a good suggestion: publish an additional ride rule 24 hours in advance in writing that establishes a level of conduct and listing in detail the conduct that is considered unsportmanlike. Plainly state that anyone found in violation of such conduct would be immediately disqualified from the ride or would be denied completion if it occurred after the ride. Get plenty of written documentation if you had to do this because you will need them for the protest. But it might work. It would at least give you some handle on the issue.

Ed, did you ever DQ anyone and did they protest and to what end?

Truman

Eric Rueter wrote:
I do not think that Truman believes that there is an "excuse" for being
rude or being a jerk.  The problem is *who* and *what* defines being rude
or a jerk is.  What is rude to one person or group of people, may be
"acceptable" (or maybe a better word "tolerable") to another.

thanx eric
Eric Rueter
865-599-3594(C)
865-986-5966(H)
865-988-4134(W/F)

--

“It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong” Richard Feynman, Nobel Laureate in Physics