[RC] Dark Pee But Fabulous Looking Horse - Vchorsegal

Hi-
  I have a mare that was doing great like yours, but peed dark.  The vet told me that sometimes mares have a weird little tie-up or stess ( hormonal ? ) & by the time it shows up, it's well over.  I was ready to pull if needed at lunch, but she finished her first 50 in good form.  A couple of other gals I respect that ride mares told me a similar thing to the vet.  I also know that certain types of Electrolytes produce a darker urine- I have seen this myself. I think the bottom line is try to figure it out, and if the vet feels she is fine, go but have the voice in your head come with ! It is interesting that is was my mare's first 50 also, & she peed darker at lunch.  She had done several 25s prior to that.  She has done 3 more conservative 50's with seemingly no problems !  Best of Luck !
- Heidi Helly

See what's free at AOL.com.