[RC] Price differences in CA.. vs TN - Spottedracer

True - prices do AVERAGE higher in CA... But then again - my Aunt teaches public highschool Chem in CA (Bay area) - with a bacheler's degree. She makes $80K+ per year.. When I finally Graduate with a PhD and start teaching highschool chem/Bio in TN public schools - I'll be lucky to get $48K..(with a bacheler's it's <$35K per year)

So in CA - the state gives it's teachers far more than we get here in TN... So for our costs (hay, farrier, vet, tires, etc...) to increase to the same prices as CA - it hits our budgets 2-3X as hard..

BTW - for the same state job my husband holds here in TN - CA offers almost three times the salary....

- LP