Re: [RC] treeless - Karen Sullivan

I rode Bob Marshall sport saddles for 14 years...now am using Barefoot Cheyenne, London, and the Sensation Hybrid...a lot of new, improved treeless saddle designs over the past several years....

Tons of discussion on varoius treeless saddles! That is what the group is all about, great webpage links with all the treeless saddle manufacturers and distributors.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 9:17 AM
Subject: [RC] treeless

I posted earlier but it never showed up so here goes again. I know this topic has been discused to death and I have been in the archives but I need to know more.
I have tried many different treed saddles on my 13 yr old arab. He has a longish back, good withers with a pretty broad back,and after having owned him for 4 yrs has gone from an under weight 800 to 1100 big boy. He has gotten sore in the shoulders and I have been able to take care of that with saddle changes but he has some conic type soreness in the loin area. I have had complete vet evaluation done on him and his hocks are fusing. The left almost completely and the right still has a way to go, so I know this can cause back pain, but I feel alot of his back problems are do to saddle fit and how the saddle fits me and my riding. i would like to try a barefoot saddle. i do slow 50's and do a lot of posting and 2 point riding, but I also walk a lot on a ride is this harder on he back in a treeless? Also my horse is extremely prone to galling, can these saddle be ridden in a fairly loose cinch? Do they slip a lot. I am a feather weight rider so I am sure that helps but I would appreciate any insight on using a treeless and doing endurance.
Thanks,
Annie

Checked by AVG Free Edition.