Re: [RC] Logbooks - Truman Prevatt

sherman wrote:
OMG, Jim, you obviously have way too much time on your hands! (:>)I haven’t even put my family photos in albums, no time for me to do any scrap-booking either, and now I even take digital pics and don’t have time to print them or send them thru email! I sure don’t have time to keep such detail about my horses. On every ride I do take care and pay close attention though. I’m sure I would know if something was amiss, but I really don’t have time for anything close to what you do. Maybe when the kids are off to college? (:>)
He does ;-) !
Oh, I do keep a record on each horse, for vac, worming, hoof & vet care, etc.
His barn is neater than most peoples houses ;-) !
Kathy
Jim as an ex-Marine. However, there is not such thing as an ex-Marine. Most of us forgive him for that. Jim took the lessons of the Corp well. The one place where his obsession comes through is his horses. But Jim will be the first to tell you that it matters little about how you family album looks - what matters is how you care for your horses.

A few years ago when the AERC was balking at addressing horse welfare issue (we had 11 deaths that year if I remember correctly) Jim led the charge. He lead it with no less ferocity that Teddy Roosevelt lead the charge up San Juan hill. I'm sure he stepped on a lot of toes and irritated a lot of people - hell he's a Marine that is what they do. We have a horse welfare committee now - to a large extend because Jim would not let the concept die or the AERC shirk their responsibility to our equine buddies.

Truman

--

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.” Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil