[RC] Rule Change - Valerie Jaques

I have no problem with the pulse down in 30 min rule change.  It makes a considerable amount of sense to me.  The one time my horse did not pulse down within fifteen minutes (due to being caught up in an idiotic end of ride race on an LD), I was beside myself with worry!  He still pulsed down with ten minutes to spare, but I was by no means okay about it.

The problem I *do* have is that *all* criterion must be met within 30 minutes.  And the reason I have a problem with it is, if LD is supposed to have a higher standard, why aren't those rules being addressed to have criterion met within 30 minutes of crossing the "finish line?"  Currently, if I do an LD, my horse must come down to 60bpm within 30 minutes of crossing the "finish" line, and then I have an *additional* 30 minutes to present him for final vet check.  So, if that standard is good enough for LD, why is it somehow not good enough for endurance?

Valerie