To: "sherman" <sherman@xxxxxxxxxxx>; <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 7:59 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] Rule Change

This makes a lot of sense. Very few US riders give a fig about international competition. Why should international competition dictate how AERC runs rides for the rest of the riders. If a handful of riders want to compete internationally, can't they compete on that level within the rules for the rest of the riders? Can't they aspire to having their horses pulse down within 30 minutes, or whatever is the rule that is being proposed, without impacting the rest of the riders? This has been hashed back and forth for a couple of days or so, so much that I've rather lost track of what IS being proposed.
When I was on the board many years ago, the general membership was adamantly opposed to allowing the FEI rules overrule the AERC rules. OK, so I'm out of tune with the current thinking.......maybe?
Perhaps the idea is just to benefit the horses, but does this change in rules really do that?

Barbara

----- Original Message ----- From: "sherman" <sherman@xxxxxxxxxxx>