[RC] Other thoughts to protect horses - Laura Hayes

Thank you all for your personal responses to my request for member input on the proposed rule change.  There are at least 50 of you waiting in my inbox for a reply, and I will try to get to those today.  I am seeing several good ideas come of this discussion, and I will go about sorting and listing them shortly.  Here is one I really like that just came in from Ed Houser:

I submit, that it is more likely that we will improve final vet procedures by requiring a 10 min CRI for all horses not just the top ten.  My reasoning is that this gives the vets one more opportunity to form a clinical impression as to which horses require further watching.

Thanks again for all your well thought out responses.  Many of you wanted more information and hard facts regarding our decision to bring this issue up.  I think you will see some vets and John Parke (the originator of this idea) weigh in here with their thoughts shortly-please remember that many people have full time jobs or pressing personal issues to contend with, or are not on this lists, and can't just jump in and answer every question immediately.

Laura Hayes