Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] [RC] [RC] [RC] Renegade Hoof Boots? - April

It's not strength; it's technique! Go watch the videos Easycare has on the utube or whatever that site is. That does help. And just doing it helps.

I choose to wrap with vet wrap to protect my horse's pasterns from the gaiter rubbing. When I used the boots in July, my horse got rubs on either side of the pastern. The last several rides I haven't had this problem at all, but I started vet wrapping, added the back strap back in (I'd removed it) and he's got winter hair on his legs. I know that other people don't have to worry about vet wrap. I might even be able to get away without vet wrapping now, but I haven't really been brave enough to try!

I have yet to do a ride over 19 miles with boots on this go-round, so I'm just a beginner with these boots and am giving my thoughts from that perspective. Karen's the expert! ;-) I do have to say that I never could get Easyboots to even stay on before the invention of the gaiter. Now I just watch for rubbing because I've had issues with that in the past.

April
Nashville, TN
http://www.tracetribute.com April 7, 2007
http://endurancerider.blogspot.com

On 1/10/07, Raven <iceponygoddess@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Wow..this scares me.  My right hand is a bit disabled. It was
completely rebuilt in 1995 and it's weak. Now, I'm concerned that I
may not have the strength to do boots. ~:[

>>can wrap a foot in vet wrap quicker than I could at first, too

so...you need to vet wrap before using Easy Care boots? oh lordy, what
the heck have i gotten myself into.