Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] [RC] Renegade Hoof Boots? - April

I've only used my Bares twice. They are a pain to put on, but I'm getting better at it. The Epics were a pain to put on for awhile, too, but I can put two boots on in about 10 minutes now. Might be able to go faster if I stop taking pictures while I work!

I don't have any trouble adjusting the tension on the bungees. Really, though, when I heard bungee, I thought of bungee cords. But these "bungees" are really, thick, strong, but giving rubber pieces. I didn't have any trouble changing the tension. I've done it 3 or 4 times on the 2 different boots. I made them tight before putting them on, couldn't get the boot on, so had to loosen. Tightened them again before the second ride and again couldn't get the boot on, so loosened again! (I don't learn fast ;-))

I use a mallet to get the Bares on. I slide the boot onto the foot about half-way and then whack the toe until they go on. They are harder for me to put on than the Epics, but the Epics sure were a pain until I got used to them and/or they got broke in. Whoever told me to use a mallet was a genius! ;-)

I'm hoping I'll get better and faster at putting the Bares on as they get more broken in and I just get more comfortable with the procedure. I can wrap a foot in vet wrap quicker than I could at first, too. Just the more you do it, the better you are at it.

So far I've used Bares on the back and Epics on the front, but I have some Bares coming that will fit his fronts.

Too bad Easycare doesn't have a boot trial program like for saddles. You know, pay some fee plus shipping to get 4 boots to try out for a week. If you like them, you buy those or just ship them back and pay again to try a different size or something. They are expensive to get a good set of four!

But the boots have allowed me to keep my horse working this winter without his shoes, so he'll be ready for the spring rides without a big reconditioning fiasco and I appreciate that a lot.

April
Nashville, TN
http://www.tracetribute.com April 7, 2007
http://endurancerider.blogspot.com

On 1/10/07, Raven <iceponygoddess@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>easyboot bares to me. My horse loves them! They just slide right on,
and right off after the ride. Never came off during any ride

patty...i have been told by a few folks that that Easy Bares are a
bear to get on and adjust. any input on this would be appreciated.
what got me really motived to try barefootin what the look of the Bare
boots. raven