Re: [RC] re:Barbaro - SandyDSA

Elaine,
This is possibly the single most assinine theory I've ever read on
Ridecamp, which is quite an honor.

This was one of several rude posts that came from one poster. Several different people posted feelings, opinions and even theories about Barbaro. There are several truths - the horse has suffered a tremendous injury; the owners clearly have hearts for their horse; he also had a fine trainer, a man of high integrity (who probably would not have said the things someone did here to other people); many of us would probably have chosen to euthanize such an injured horse AND BTW it would have been a HORRIFIC DECISION! That kind of decisions is SO very tough to make, and either way, it is painful. One must consider not only the POSSIBLITY of healing but even more important to many of us, the level of pain in recovery and even more the quality of life post rehab. Many of us have ourselves shattered limbs, and yes, it IS painful! However, a horse cannot tell us just how painful he is, nor whether or not he will ultimately be able to bear it - this is our tough position - and one requiring both compassion and wisdom.

That said, the snotty remarks posted here were simply nasty, immature and unnecessary. In the main, I saw compassion, personal opinions and feelings, and then POOF! Incredible snottiness! I know each one knows who we are:). I believe this person owes a few apologies - privately will do even though the rudeness was public. I can hardly believe what I read. Even most people who actually have quality credentials to spout such positions usually don't. Take it to the woodpile.

As for the rest of the lovely and heart felt posts, I am not sure there IS a wrong or right side - only personal positions based on your own experiences and deep feelings - and in some cases, sadly enough, your wallet - all legit. Glad you all shared - what a magnificent horse! He deserves our deepest respect.