[RC] barbaro - Amy Major

I am not a vet and am new to horses so I do not know much about the humaneness of Barbaro's treatment or about his stud fees (which I am sure are not negligible).  And maybe I am just feeling sentimental today but her is what I think.

I think if you watch this video (try to do it without crying) you will see that maybe what Barbaro represents to this country is something true and innocent to believe in.  Let's face it, we live in a jaded world and Barbaro allows us all to believe in heros and miracles again. Here is an animal that gave all he had for no real gain for himself other than loving the sport and doing what was asked of him.  That is truly pure hearted.

Now, whether it is fair to ask Barbaro to carry that burden is another question.