[RC] RC.RC:Thanks ,Leonard - Nik Isahak Abdullah

Hi Leonard ,
I don't believe a study involving a couple of horses from Australia,UAE and Europe on our soil ,even after 3 weeks of quarantine,could answer the million dollar question of whether 'to be or not to be ' with respect to EL in tropical Malaysia .This certainly would put the organisers a couple of million dollars down ,definitely yes .
The French position with respect to EL, one can suspect is just not based on 'pure scientific fact ' because hard science here is rathered blurred by other subjective parameters such as performance ,terrains ,weather etc etc compounded further by the fact that electrolyte imbalance as determined by the simple measurement of plasma or serum electrolyte do not correlate well with the quantum of total electrolyte loss .If this be so I am sure the Americans would have been in the forefront of" non usage of EL" as they are a more scientific based people than you Europeans .I hope I am not igniting a 'transatlantic war' with this statement Leonard !I mean you try reading Susan Garlinghouse 's prolific endurance.net debate with the late T.i Ivers in the archives on conditioning ,nutrition etc etc you can go bonkers.They discuss molecules and pathways while the likes of you and me we are still at subjective performance !
At the end of the day why are you' Frenchies' now abandoning the ELECTROLYTES? Do you know something that we do not know?I am just a small time endurance rider from a small time endurance country and thus not to' shy' to ask but I am sure this is the burning question many big time riders from big time endurance nations want to know .And you guys certainly have something up your sleeves as you guys are not doing too badly in FEI endurance front .
Happy New Year to you Leonard

Nik

Find just what you are after with the more precise, more powerful Windos Live Search. http://search.msn.com.my/ Try it now.