Re: [RC] [RC] Central Coast Trails - Barbara McCrary

It has been my understanding that services are still held in the San Antonio Mission.  The San Antonio ride was banned from the area because the mission folk found endurance riders too noisy on Sunday morning, as I recall the story.  The trails are beautiful.  We have ridden in several areas.  Wish we could do so again, but many of the trails are on Hunter Liggett military property, and I think some are closed to public use.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2007 7:48 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] Central Coast Trails

San Antonio ... I remember that ride from the 70's. It seems like such a long haul to go to back then :) (When you're a kid, every car ride is LONG)  I was crewing for my Dad. Have some great pictures meeting him crossing at the river at a vet check, that the ride photographer took. And I remember that the mission was totally in disrepair and falling down at that time. I understand that they have refurbished it now. I think my Dad came in 9th ... he only top tenned twice in his life. Once there and once at Virginia City 100, only because everyone else got lost :) I'd like to go back to the mission and see what it looks like now. I remember climbing in and around the crumbling walls.

:) Jackie