From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of k s swigart
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2007 12:15 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] A Much Better Proposal

Jim Holland said:

"If John Jones and Dobbin get a metabolic pull, then Dobbin cannot
compete in another ride for a month.  If Dobbin gets a 2nd
metabolic
pull, he is done for the year.  If John Jones on ANY horse gets 3
metabolic pulls in a ride season, he is done for the rest of that
season."

I, personally, think this is a much better proposal for
ensuring the welfare of horses; although I would change it
slightly such that it would be John Jones who cannot compete
on Dobbin in another ride for a month or a year (somebody
else may be able to better manage Dobbin during a ride).
However, if Dobbin gets three pulls under any rider, then it
should, indeed, be Dobbin who has to take the break.

kat
Orange County, Calif.
:)