Re: [RC] 30 Min Rule - JANUSTUDIO

In a message dated 1/7/2007 8:29:41 PM Eastern Standard Time, bweary@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Especially if it doesn't come down in 30 minutes.  I think Ed's quote was very revealing: " last fall when I PR'd, I found that it was not the leaders who took a long time to come down it was those at the back of the pack."

I think this has been said before, but I'll say it again...

If you are only looking at the cards to see who pulses down quicker, you miss the fact that most of the middle or back of the packers aren't in any hurry to get to the Pulse takers than they are in moving fast down the trail.  If time isn't a factor when some of us come in, then we don't rush to get to the pulse gate, especially at the finish. We go ahead and strip the horses, clean them up and then get the pulse so as to also be ready for the final vet check.  Some of the statistics are flawed in this way.
LD is a different story (at least for me).

Janice