[RC] 30 minutes - heidi larson

Are we seeing this rule as a result of information that AERC has?  Are vets seeing horses not pulsing down within 1 hour?  Is there currently a rise in the number of horses this is happening to?  Are the horses being DQ'd after not pulsing in in 60 min. requiring treatment?  Are horses that take 25-30 min. to recover being treated more?  Is this rule change to better follow FEI?  Seems RC heats up during FEI rides, talking about completion and pulls.  Do FEI rides vs. AERC rides showing that one has a better completion rate?  For example, do FEI rides with their 30 min. rule show a higher completion, lower treatment rate?  I've heard a few people talking about how horses that come in with a low pulse (under 60) can still go home and be off feed, not be right or colic within 48 hours.  How will the 30 min. vs. 60 min. rule help these horses, or will it?  So many questions..............

heidi