[RC] 30 minute rule - Dream Weaver

If it works, great. Most riders vet in as soon as they can, so I can't see that it is a big issue except in the cases where others have mentioned such as a long walk from the finish line into camp, or when there are vet lines or horses being shown for BC and you have to wait. I have seen some problems with LD riders and the 30 minute thing over the years so I know that it's not a perfect world. What needs to be considered is what is going to happen when riders don't manage to get their pulse taken or final vet within 30 minutes because of whatever reason (location, vet line, etc.). I've done a few rides where my pulse time was earlier than my arrival time due to volunteers not having synchronized their watches, so when you reduce the time and aren't careful you could start to have some problems if you are talking a minute or two and a pulse of 62 versus 60 to get a final completion. I've done rides with all of those conditions in a lot of regions so know that it's not uniform, rides are run by volunteers. I don't want to see things made more logistically difficult for ride management or for the riders. Unless of course, there are a significant number of horses who don't recover (and that causes them harm as a result) at the finish in a reasonable time -- and then to what parameter, as that varies considerably already.

Karen