Re: [RC] Mare's gestation period - Lindak

Rae,
In my foaling book it states you can have a viable foal from as early as 305 days to as late as 395 days of gestation.  It also states the foal comes when IT is ready, not when we, or the mare, are ready.  My TWH mare is due between today, (day 305)  and Aug 8th (day 395) according to my foaling book, with the traditional 340 days date of June 15th. Can't remember the name of the book just now, but it was written by a very experienced foaling vet.  Good luck waiting.  Each day seems longer and longer when we are anxious.
From Linda-k
Have a horse lovin' day!!!