RE: [RC] Biting horse - Chastain, Shannon L.

I have a 22 yr old mare that I though had saddle fit/cinch issues because she always would nip at me when I tightened the saddle. So I always was very careful to tighten very slowly and she got better. Then the first time I put a blanket on her when I went to buckle the strap that went under her belly she nipped at me. So since then I have made her backup whenever she does that and she had pretty much quit.
Shannon
Missouri

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Katherine Hogg
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2007 4:16 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] Biting horse

Nope im not the one you parked next to at Baltimore. I've never even been to America :)

And yes i do use a really soft body brush, and it doesnt matter how soft or hard I brush him he still does it. He get particulary angry when i use a rubber curry comb so i dont use that any more.

I am beginning to suspect it could possibly be the saddle although he doesnt indicate that he has back pain.