[RC] I guess I'm really spoiled............. - Mickey Womack

I have been reading all the posts about "exit stage left" and wondering how I ended up with such a great horse!

I have never been thrown, bucked or otherwise due to him being spooked.

He has side stepped quickly at times or refused to get too close to something but never anything to get me off balance.

I was running barrels one day and leaned to far and started falling.........as soon as I lost my balance he slowed down and as I fell, he stopped.  When I hit the ground he was at a full stop.  Good thing...........I fell off to the left and my left foot was stuck in the stirrup.  He just stared at me like I was some freak!

We were trail riding with 5 other "young" girls (under 20) and ran into a huge hive of bees.  They attacked all of us AND the horses..........so badly that one of the mares wouldn't walk back to the barn (over 150 stings!).  Tuffy never bucked, bolted, or reared.........he did some fancy footwork but stopped long enough for me to get off - literally rip off his saddle and blanket - and let him run back to the barn.  But he wouldn't leave me, so instead we used him to coax the badly injured mare back to the barn.  He really is an incredible horse!!

I am SO LUCKY to have such a great horse!!!

Yes, he has his days when he goes left even though I asked him to go right, or he runs me into barrels...........but he does take good care of me and tries to make sure I stay on top!

He's an eight year old paint quarter horse with so-so conformation and a lean build for a quarter horse.  Not a real looker but a FANTASTIC horse!!!

Mickey and Tuffy
Dallas, Texas