From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Cindy Collins
Sent: Sunday, May 06, 2007 6:57 AM
To: Ridecamp
Subject: [RC] re: international rule change

A question that's been bothering me:  If "we," the AERC are so against this trend toward flat track racing in international endurance and if "we" don't want to be associated with that style, why aren't we talking about it in public?  In magazines like Equus or even in AHA magazines?  All I see are people talking about selecting their international horses and bragging about USA riders "competing."  It would be refreshing to see someone with authority say that we don't support the moves international is making and we don't want people to think that is what we do, etc.  It's just like with all the 'BS' tributes and stories about Barbaro and everything they learned, etc., NO ONE has the guts to say that maybe if we weren't racing babies (2 and 3 year olds) this wouldn't be such a big problem.  It's like we're not willing to publically state the obvious things.

Cindy Collins