[RC] way OT but since you brought it up - k s swigart

Lisa Salas said about http://www.kiddofspeed.com/

Interesting tour of Chernobyl on the back of a
bike. Doesn't sound like there is a lot of wildlife
there. The author says at one time the only way
to describe what she is feeling would be to say
she feels deaf as there is no sound of birds or
even wind.

Quoted from the above referenced site itself:

After "Elena" brought this story to light, everyone
that claims to be an expert has come forward
identifying it as a hoax or a fraud.

Alternatively, you can go to the following link and find a veritable
pleothora of other stories to the contrary:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=chernobyl+wildlife

So, which are you lend more credence to "everbody that claims to be an
expert" or some "woman" (I put this in quotes because the woman may not
even exist, especially since all invitations to be interviewed have been
refused...also reported on the site itself) on a motorcycle who wants to
assert that 20+ years later nuclear radiation puts a stop to all things,
even the wind?

Granted this may be a person on a one-woman crusade with the intent of
revealing a fraud that is being perpetrated by officialdom; however,
since many of the people who are reporting the fact that wildlife is
teeming in and around Chernobyl are environmentalists who are not only
surprised but somewhat dismayed that Chernobyl isn't a lifeless
wasteland like they would have hoped, I have my doubts.

kat
Orange County, Calif.
:)