[RC] "dainty horses' - Chrystal Woodhouse

So what did you want to do with your "new" horse?/ I think that being really honest with oneself (you don't even have to share :-)) is important, CTR's? 50's?? 100's???  I have a "little" 14.2 (in shoes)mare, she is not "dainty" but not built like a tank either I like to call her "feminine looking" she is tough, she is fast but if my overall goal was going to be winning 50's it wouldn't work, a 15+ hh horse can beat us everytime in a race off, now of course if the 15hh horse wasn't in good shape we could beat him in a race off but sadly <grin> the horses coming in first tend to be in great shape ( darn it:-)). We can top ten but not win.    My mare rocks at CTR'S however as her resting HR is 28, also that helps to "sneak" by bigger horses at the vet checks in endurance ( our holds don't start until we have passed parameters) we are going to try the OD in June so will find out if she is a 100 mile horse!! Bottom  line I bought her because I loved her, I have to spend a looot of time with her so liking her was the #1 thing for me, I have to say the only thing I would look for differently would  be a smoother gait, (think Morgan/driving horse,short,choppy gait, aghhh:-(    ) :-)
O.k. and I would never buy a horse with bad feet,I had one and it was awful, however as mentioned white feet don't necessarily mean bad.
Good luck!!:-)
Chrystal
P.S> We have done various long distance rides for  5 years, my mare has about 600-700miles now ( And about 5000 at home :-):-))) She has never been pulled ( or even come close to it) and her only lameness issue happened last year at home. :-(    Small in my mind means tough, but I may not be entirely objective about that.....................:-);-)