Re: [RC] [RC] The Price of Gas - Juli Jakub

This is off topic, but I was a wildlife biology major and did alot of environmental science at one point in my life...nuclear power is NOT clean...the waste from nuclear power is radioactive, dangerous, and no one has yet come up with a solution for getting rid of the darn stuff. I would not support nuclear power...not for safety I am going to get blown up reasons, but for the fact it is has hugely polluting waste that is dangerous to humans as well as everything else. That waste also remains dangerous and radioactive for a VERY, VERY long time. Also the rate of cancer for people working in nuclear plants is suspiciously high...no thanks! Wind turbines I think are lovely in an odd way honestly and I do not mind seeing them, but they have their problems too. No power source is without pluses and minuses, but nuclear is not clean...go test the river in Rowe, MA that is next to the nuclear power plant and then tell me it is clean! As for gas...our next car will be a small little one that has great gas mileage or a little diesel that can be converted to bio fuel....a friend has a car he uses year round up here that runs on veggie oil...I would be into that, but for towing I think I am stuck with what I have...the gas guzzler. We owe alot of money on it so we won't be replacing it anytime soon. We will just pick and choose where to go more carefully and enjoy our horses on the home trails more often. All this is JMHO
Cheers,
Juli

<P>Juli Jakub</P>
<P>The Air of Heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.</P>
<P>~ arabian proverb</P></DIV></html>

I can't blame anyone for not wanting a huge field of wind turbines. They have to be the ugliest blight on the landscape that I have ever seen. Lud and I believe that nuclear is the answer. I know a lot of people are worried about safety, Too bad...it's clean, it's effective, and it's available. It doesn't pollute the air and we don't have to sell our souls to the middle eastern countries to have it.
Barbara

Catch suspicious messages before you open them?with Windows Live Hotmail. http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_protection_0507