[RC] How about not so dainty horses? - Nancy Sturm

Knowing of John Parke's success with Remington and heeding the aches and pains of my aging body, I have bought my next distance horse:  a sturdy little Icelandic mare.

She is so much stockier than the lean horse I'm riding now that I wonder if I made a mistake.

How do short (13.2) horses do?  Or have there been enough to even answer the question?

Nancy Sturm