[RC] Dainty built horses - Spottedracer

First of all, don't discount a horse due to white hooves.  I've had two app studs with solid white hooves - damn things were so hard they never needed shoes, never became tenderfooted, never chipped, and the walls were close to 3/4" thick!! (still own one - he's a gelding now... I trim all my horses BUT him.. His hoof walls are so hard/thick I can't get my clippers to go through 'em!!)   My daughter's SSpony also has four solid white hooves - never needed shoes - and so far has easily handled 3:30 25 mile training rides without a chip nor soreness!

As for slight builds - most of mine are fairly narrow and fairly light-boned - being gaited horses... Haven't had any lameness issues (knock-on-wood).. Whether I'm competing on them barefoot or shod.  (I'm a lightweight - bit heavier, but shorter than yourself)... And my main endurance mount (14.3hh - around 900-1000 lbs) is the only horse we own that can carry my heavyweight husband up and down the bluffs we ride.. (till we get a mule.....)  I'm prepping that horse to try our first 1-day 100 this year....

- LP