*From:* ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] *On Behalf Of *Hoovinit@xxxxxxx
*Sent:* Sunday, May 06, 2007 9:23 AM
*To:* tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Cc:* ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Subject:* Re: [RC] [RC] The Price of Gas

It would be great to agree on one formulation of gas, but I don't think that's possible. Supposedly the variations in the gas formulations is because of the smog we get in the hot desert areas during the times of year we have wild temperature changes, like during the the winter. Cold nights with warm days traps the pollution in. The changes in gas formulations is supposed to somehow help prevent that from happening as much, though I'm not sure it makes much difference. We just have too many people and cars is the main problem. Nobody seems to be trying to drive less. People are buying houses in subdivisions way outside the city because they're cheaper, then they drive an hour or hour and a half each way to work! If more people would live closer to work, that would help the problem. Just my humble opinion based on observation.

--

“It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong” Richard Feynman, Nobel Laureate in Physics