[RC] Europe - cost of gas - Leonard.Liesens

Hi,
Your discussion about the cost of gas or diesel is funny. In Europe (some variations from country to country), one liter of gas costs 1.3 euros while one liter of diesel costs 1 euro.  change between euro and dollar : one euro costs 1.35 US$

We try to avoid too long trips most of the time, but if we draw a circle of 500Kms around Paris, you can get almost one FEI ride every week-end. From belgium it is a bit longer as we have to head toward France (or eventually Germany or Holland). France is most of the time our favorite choice as we get there the best rides with the highest number of participants (60 to sometimes 150 starters).

A bale of meadow hay costs around 2 euros for 13Kgs. Stabling a horse in an equestrian center costs 200 euros/month, but it can be 400 euros in Brussels.

Hope this helps

Leonard, Belgium

PS : Yes Truman, we don't have BIG Sundowner but some have 4 horses trailers. Most of endurance riders have a 2 horses trailer. Now in showjumping this is another business, they do have huge lorries with living quarters, bigger than your horse trailers. But their horses are more valuable and price money are different also.