Re: [RC] Help please... dark urine! - Don Huston

Hello Sharon,
Yes I would be worried. I would check all water supplies for contamination like dead animals etc. I would check all food supplies for mold, strange color or smell, etc. Check all around the fence lines or whatever the horse's boundaries are for some newly sprouted poisonous plants or maybe some cut greenery that a neighbor thinks your horse would like to eat. Cut out all supplements for a while. I would get a couple fresh bales of hay preferably from a different store. I have 3 horses together in a big pen and they eat the same hay. Two years ago there was something (dust or mold or ?) that I could not detect but it caused a severe asthma-like attack on one horse but the others were fine. I threw out 6-8 bales and got different hay and no more problem. Wishing you luck because it's always nice to have a little,
Don Huston