[RC] Ride Photographers - Alissa Norman

Hi Michelle,

I think you might find, if you call or email the ride photographer directly, that she might be able to cut you a deal on multiple pictures.  It certainly never hurts to ask.  Just might not be an option the photographer is able to use on those fancy photography websites.

My guess is, however, that a CD or electronic image of all your photos would cost a bit of money - how is a ride photographer to know that you won't just make a billion copies of those photos?  Even if you say you'll just be using it for a screen saver.  But again - never hurts to ask.  Email them, say I want this, this, this, and this on a CD - how much would it cost?  They might give you a price that is dramatically different than what you see on the website.

I don't know what the balance is - do you charge more money, or charge less to try to sell more.  I'm not sure.

I CAN tell you - the ride photographer from Foxcatcher usually does horse shows - and people there are used to paying the higher prices.  Honestly, she's really pretty cheap for a horse show photographer.  Sometimes, after seeing the hunter world, the dressage world, the combined driving world, the three day event world...  us endurance folks don't know how good we have it!  : )

Alissa

Ok, I'm sending one more email, because I realized where my problem probably originates.  I totally agree with reimbursing the person for their time, their costs, and their talent.  The prices usually aren't that bad for one picture (though when compared to competition, $15 is a little steep), it's when you want more than one that it can get crazy, and it is definitely appreciated when you get a discount for buying multiple pictures.